A premier wine competition in the heart of wine country
The 2022 Top BC Wine Awards presented by Trends Magazine will take place in March and highlighted in our Spring edition of the magazine.
Wineries can enter up to six wines per winery.
- Sparkling Wine – traditional or frizzante style
- Off-Dry White (01-02 sweetness code)
- Pinot Gris
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Other Dry White
- Pinot Noir
- Cabernet Franc
- Marechal Foch
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Bordeaux style/Meritage Red
- Red Blends
- Other Red Wine
- Sweet/Ice Wine (05-10 sw.code)
- Fortified Wine
- Other wines (fruit, honey)
- All B.C. wineries are eligible.
- Only wines made from 100% B.C. grown fruit will be accepted.
- The competition categories are subject to change. The competition chair reserves the right to add or remove categories as required (i.e., larger or smaller than anticipated submission quantities).
- Wines have been divided into two price categories: under $25 (consumer) and $25 and over (premium/prestige). The competition chairman reserves the right to combine price or other suitable categories if the number of entries in certain categories is insufficient.
- Entries are limited to six (6) wines per producer. The competition chairman reserves the right to arbitrarily eliminate wines submitted that do not follow this requirement.
- All products to be eligible must be available at BCLDB stores, LRS stores, VQA stores or at the winery.
- As well as online submissions and payments, participating wineries must submit hardcopy forms along with their wines. These forms include the registration forms and a list which details the following information: product name and vintage, producer, grape variety or varieties, category, current retail price, SKU, and BC liquor stores sweetness code (00 to 10) or sugar content.
- To enter wine in a grape variety or blend category, the grape varieties must be specified on the label or on a product information sheet accompanying the entries.
- A registration fee is required.
- Three bottles per brand are to be submitted for each entry.
- Awards for Best of Show wines will be given to the red and white wines entered in the competition with the highest overall scores. The competition chair reserves the right to awards Best of Show in an Ice Wine competition. An award for Best Winery may be given to the winery with the greatest award score, with greater weight given for gold medals and the least for bronze.
Wineries must submit three bottles per entry.
The wine delivery deadline is April 22.
Shipping Address: Trends Magazine 103 1054 Ellis Street, Kelowna, BC V1Y 1Z1
Call 250-575-400 for after-hours, weekend or Peachland drop-offs.
The 2022 Top BC Wines Awards presented by Trends Magazine is set for March 20 at the Kelowna Hyatt. Please enter up to six of your wines. Entries are limited to six (6) bottle entries per winery. Once payment is received, you will be requested to complete your wine entry form. Wineries must submit three bottles per entry.
Your registration fee (plus GST) includes an entry for three wines to the 2022 competition and a full colour print advertisement in the Spring issue of Trends Magazine (our magazine is delivered directly to 18,000 homes and businesses in the Thompson Okanagan). Additional wine entries can be added for a $30 registration fee.
Award winning wines will be listed in the print magazine and featured on trendsmag.ca website with a bottle shot and link to your online store.